Why join the board? Why volunteer?
• Support Denali Art Council’s mission
• Meet and work with other volunteers who love and support the arts
• Experience you can add to your resume
• Take charge, and make something happen
• Good karma!
Qualities and Skills of a Successful Board Member:
• Willingness to try new things and take in miscellaneous tasks as they arise for the organization
• Event planning
• Fundraising and grant writing
• Communications or social media
• Finance or record keeping
• Construction or design
• Positive, proactive, and enthusiastic attitude
Other skills which make for an effective Board Member:
• Have participated in DAC events and activities
• Experience serving on the board of a non-profit organization
• Able spokesperson and advocate of DAC’s mission
• You are an artist (theater, dance, writing…)
• Thoughtful, confident, polite, respectful, and a good listener
• Able to process information and make thoughtful decisions in a group context fairly quickly
• Inspires and motivates others to contribute
To be seated on the board, you must be a current paid Denali Arts Council member. Please send or drop off a letter of interested with a short bio to Iver Arnegard, Executive Director, or contact one of the current board members. Renew your membership now or become a member today. Board members will be elected on October 6, 2018.
Moose on Parade 2018 was Moose-tastic!
Our own Lindsay Horning created this sea inspired moose to represent the Denali Arts Council.
It’s that time of year, show of your creative talents while supporting local non-profits.
We want to see your decorated Alaskan animals!
Attention Local Artists!
2018 Artisan Market Application Forms are now available. Visit our Artisan Market page for Market Guidelines and an Application.
Not sure if you want to sell your art on a regular basis? Guest spaces at the market are also available. Download a Guest Application and try it out for a weekend.
Have you ever wondered how events come to be at the Denali Arts Council? Do you ever find yourself thinking, “You know, it would be really cool to see ________________ happening here in Talkeetna.” or “I wish they would do more of _________________ at the hangar.” Well, the truth of the matter is that YOU, as a creative member of the community, have the power to help make those decisions.
You could set the stage!
A community Arts council sets a stage, but is only a reflection of creativity and imagination. In order for the DAC to express the artistic sentiment of Talkeetna, locals must be willing to share their talents and ideas. What gets showcased is what people like you choose to put into it through artistic partnerships and volunteering.
The Denali Arts Council is an umbrella organization with with a variety of artistic programs under its rim. While most of our programs have ongoing activities, several have become stagnant due to lack of involvement or leadership. Here is where YOU come in!
Currently there are openings for Directors in three of our programs: Talkeetna Artists Guild (fine arts), Susitna Muse (writers group), and Local Motion…for the Love of Dance. As the director of a program, you have a lot of freedom to design events, workshops, and shows. You can express yourself creativity and set the vision of the program. You can be the director or you could get involved to just produce one show or workshop.
So if you find yourself thinking “Man, I really wish they would show more ____________________”, consider putting your artistic passion to the test and get involved today!